Saturday, December 27, 2008

Look At What I've Become

"The end is justified by the pain it took to get us there"-Relient K's "Let It All Out"

I completely agree with what is said here. It took me a few times listening to it until it really impacted me. It made me think. Everybody goes through cruddy times. Everyone has ups and downs. Nobody is perfect, nobody can be perfect. Nothing is perfect, nothing can be perfect. Life is just tackling everything that is thrown at you every day. It is through many good times, and also many bad times that make us who we are. I find myself asking myself many times: Exactly why do we go through pain? Why do we suffer? If our lives were perfect, we wouldn't find ourselves asking these questions.
My life is not perfect. I have gone through good times, and really crappy times as well. I love those good moments, but I extremely hate dealing with crappy stuff. But I am who I am right now as I am writing this because of every single life experience. Every single day is something new. This pain and suffering can be caused by many things, but it shapes who we become as people. It has shaped who and what I've become. We as people were created to discover all that's out there. To try and figure out for ourselves what the good stuff is, and the bad as well. Our lives are constant journeys. We're trying to find out what we want to do with ourselves, and how we want to get there. But the struggle is to find that. That is why we go through hardships. It takes pain to achieve a goal, it's not all easy going. And I know that, I'm living that every day. This life is about going through that pain to get to that point of content. That is what we want. I know that I have to achieve that. I want to achieve it. And I know that this suffering will all be worth it in the end.
The end is justified by the pain it took to get us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment