Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Life Inventory

What am I doing with it? What do I want to do with it? Why am I doing what I'm doing right now?
Those are the questions that haunt me daily. I find myself watching my life fly by sometimes. I like to think that what I'm doing with my life as of now is good, but I'm sure there's more to be discovered. Maybe I could be doing better. Maybe I can make an attempt at a better approach to life.
But I do think that it is important to find these answers. It is in fact a part of life to find yourself. That is one of life's great journeys, given to us by God. We have been given the golden opportunity to make this life great. Are you who you want to be? Am I who I want to be? Those questions are not impossible to answer.
I need to take a life inventory. Go back in my life. Start from the beginning. Go through every moment I can remember until this second in time. Do I like what I've done with myself so far, and do I like who and what I am now? What do I value? What do I think deserves to be appreciated, and what do I want to appreciate?
I want to make my life something. Right now, I am halfway watching my life blow up like a ticking time bomb. But then another part of me is still blooming like the cherry blossoms do in the beginning of spring. I was once a different person. Everybody changes through their life, or at least thats what I like to think. I am in that group of "everybody". My life is changing. I'm starting to find myself. As I go through life, I start to figure out what my values are. I start to discover what I truly love doing.
A Life Inventory

No comments:

Post a Comment