Saturday, December 27, 2008

Good God, Can You Still Get Us Home?

He will be there. When we run, stumble, and fall, he will be there to lift us back up. God will lift us back up. God will be there to get us home.
I'm a believer in a second chance. I like to give them, and I like to get them myself. I have gone for many runs in my life. But I have stumbled and fallen many times. But I can live on by knowing that my, our, good God can still get me back home. After pain and suffering, God is there to pick me back up off the floor.
Alongside with the fact that I know God can still get me home, I know that it's possible to get myself back on my feet. Dust off my shoulders and arms. Get all of that dirt off of me, and start clean again.
"Don't give up, it's not the end. There's hope for every fallen man. To pick themselves up when they think they can't, because with every passing second comes a second chance. Don't give up, it's not the end. Get back up on your feet again. Forgiveness can be given when you think it can, because with every passing second comes a second chance."
Thanks to God, I know that I have that second chance. Always. I just need to ask for it. It comes willingly and gracefully. God's grace is so good. His forgiveness is amazing.
And I am thankful for it.

Our Good God Can Still Get Us Home

No comments:

Post a Comment